|Guidelines for Technology Companies
For the benefit of those users who are in the Technology business. We have created this guideline for press content which should always be included in an electronic news release to the media.
Following these pointers is a sample news release.
- Offer a FULL evaluation unit of the product to reviewers
- Software should be available for download from the Web
- Supply the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
- Itemize in a list the key product features
- Include any system requirements, especially the platform
- Include a URL to background information, white papers etc. (Don't send this information in your release)
- Many editors want photos to accompany a story. It is especially helpful to online editors to have a photo already uploaded on the web to which they can link. In addition to the general company Web site URL and URL for downloading, a product photo or image which demonstrates visual effects generated by the product can enhance your placement or review opportunity.
- Don't send photos as attachments with a press release.
- Finally, a sentence or two about your company and the headquarters address. International users: please list a U.S. contact person as well as a contact for the company where your headquarters are based.
- Sample Release for e-style and format. The idea here is to include online download information up front and get to the first paragraph of the release in the first screen.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Magnet Pro Software automates Press Release Distribution and
empowers small business.
New software literally turns your PC into a media distribution warehouse.
(Vancouver, WA--February, 2001)--Companies looking to improve their press relations within the Media community will benefit from a new program called Media Magnet Pro. Media Magnet Pro combines a media database of over 10,000 press affiliates, along with a powerful email and print engine that formats and sends your press release to a targeted group of news editors and press affiliates.
Developed by WebGrip, Inc., Media Magnet Pro for Windows 95/98/2000/NT was designed to automate the process of Press Release distribution over the Internet, as well as traditional snail mail press campaigns. The program empowers the small business owner by providing the data, as well as the distribution tools that were previously only available to larger PR agencies. While the software is capable of distributing a press release to over 20,000 press affiliates, Media Magnet Pro adds an "instant sort" feature which allows users to target a media campaign to a select category of the press.
"Media Magnet Pro is the ultimate companion for any business seeking to inform the press about its products and services. It incorporates the data, and the tools required, in order to deliver a professional press campaign directly to the editors desk!," said Mark Benson, the company's President. "Most people don't have a clue as where to start their own press campaign, let alone have the personnel or budget to out source it. Media Magnet Pro allows even the smallest business to now compete on a national level, and eliminates the (per mailing) charges associated with mailing services and agencies. We packaged a high end database, along with a feature rich emailing and label printing engine for a fair price that anyone could afford."
Key Product Features:
- Over 20000 Media Contacts including address, phone, fax, editor name, and email address
- Instantly sort the database to target a particular industry and/or media type
- Update Button allows monthly database updates
- Built in email program; just select contacts, type in release, and send
- Auto formats your release to industry standards
- Prints labels for traditional mailings and sending press kits
- Templates and Knowledge Base teaches beginners
- Unlimited use, no per release charges
32 bit version: Windows 95/98/NT compliant
8 MBs RAM. 486DX or better.
10 MBs of hard drive space.
-Media Magnet Pro $149.95 - One database update is included
-Database Updates $29.95 - per update. Update whenever you choose.
All versions include lifetime support and free maintenance updates.
FOR EVALUATION COPY:
Download it from http://www.mediamagnetpro.com/downloadmm.htm
16420 SE McGillivray
Vancouver, WA 98683
|© 2001 Media Magnet Pro - All rights reserved.|